Winegrowers since 1692
Since several generations, the Alary family is linked to Cairanne.
It was during the reign of Louis XIV that the story of the wine estate starts. 1692, André Alary settled in Cairanne for cultivating land. Mix farming was essential in the wine estate in the last centuries: silkworms, grace, wheat, and arboriculture. However, at the be beginning, the vines had a considerable place. The first agricultural land-register of the commune dates back
to 1414, when there were already 100 parcels of vineyard. The other crops have all, at a given time, dwindled and disappeared from the local landscape for various reasons. If the vine have almost disappeared with the phylloxera at the end of the 19th Century, it is become, since the 20the Century, the backbone of the village. The recognition of the wines of Cairanne has contributed to the development of the viticulture on a favourable territory. Associated to exceptional terroirs, the vine fills all the hills until the plains. The diversity and the characteristics of the Cairanne’s terroirs offer fine white and red wines.